Relevant to users on:
Money Dashboard Neon
Not sure which App you are on?
If you are unsure if you are on Money Dashboard Classic or Money Dashboard Neon? You can find that information here
Why excluding certain account(s) from the Leftover figure can be useful
Recalling how the 'Leftover' figure is calculated, excluding certain account's balance from the Spending plan will provide you an accurate figure of your Leftover.
For example, if there are currently three accounts connected in-app:
1. Savings account's total balance : £5,000
2. Current account's total balance : £850
3. Credit card account's total balance: -£20
Starting account balance in the paycycle should all accounts be toggled on for inclusion = £5,000 + £850 - £20
Without excluding my savings accounts my starting Account balance in the above formulae would be cause an 'inflated' leftover in the current paycycle. By excluding the above savings account it would give an accurate view of leftover you have for this paycycle assuming you do not wish to spend what's in your savings account.
Excluding an account's balance on Mobile app
1. Tap onto your 'Home' tab to access your 'Spending Plan' Note: If you are not seeing your 'Spending plan' in your 'Home' tab, please dismiss all notifications first.
2. Tap onto the total balances above your spending plan's graph
3. Toggle the relevant account(s) on/off for inclusion followed by 'Apply changes'
Excluding an account's balance on Web app
1. Navigate to your 'Home' tab to access your 'Spending Plan'
2. Select 'Edit plan' at the top right hand corner
3. Toggle the relevant account(s) on/off for inclusion followed by 'Save'