You can choose to edit your transactions in bulk. This is only supported on the web application and for the following functions:
1. Assigning a single category to multiple transactions
2. Updating/Changing the description of multiple transactions
3. Excluding multiple transactions from your spend analytics
4. Deleting multiple transactions
Transactions and Re-Categorisation
Relevant to users on:
Money Dashboard Neon
Not sure which App you are on?
If you are unsure if you are on Money Dashboard Classic or Money Dashboard Neon? You can find that information here
1. Navigate to your 'Transactions' page
2. You have two options to select multiple transactions for editing at this point. Either hoover over the left hand icon of the first transaction you would like to edit or select the 'Multi edit' option located at the top right hand corner beside the 'Refresh' and 'Export CSV' option
3. Once you have selected all the transactions you wish to edit, if you are on a smaller screen size, you will see the 'Edit selected' box presented. If you are on a larger screen size, you will see the edit options directly presented.
4. Select the action you wish to take, as mentioned, the current edits allowed are:
- Edit category - Assigning a single category to multiple transactions
- Rename - Updating/Changing the description of multiple transactions
- Exclude from analytics - Excluding multiple transactions from your spend analytics
- Delete - Deleting multiple transactions together
5. After selecting the edit option, follow the prompts accordingly.
6. After you have updated a transaction's description you can find the original transaction's description by exporting a CSV of your transactions. More information about how to export transactions can be found here: How to export/download transactions