We would recommend for you to use the following guide and go through each step in the sequence laid out and in detail to understand the steps needed before you have fully gone through the app's features and set up the Neon account fully.
Setting up your Money Dashboard Neon account
Relevant to users on:
Money Dashboard Neon
Not sure which App you are on?
If you are unsure if you are on Money Dashboard Classic or Money Dashboard Neon? You can find that information here
- Articles on account registration process
- Common troubleshooting issues during account registration process and workarounds
- Information pertaining to security practices to supported devices for using Money Dashboard app
- Information about open banking and available providers/account types for connection
- How to set up your bank account connections
- Troubleshooting connection issues such as missing/duplicate transactions, accounts not refreshing and problems with authenticating your bank account
- Get paid weekly? Or on the last day of the month? Pay Cycle determines how long your Spending Plan and Budgets run for.
- Transactions get "tagged" with categories such as groceries or experiences. We do this automatically for you and sometimes you might find better ways to categorise your transactions. You can find out more in the categories section.
- You can quickly re-categorise transactions if you don't agree with how we have done it in the overview section
- Spending Payments are a great tool to looking forward in your Spending Plan. Always pay your rents on the 10th? Make insurance payments on the 17th? You can log these as scheduled payments and we will make sure they are accounted for.
- Spot a transaction that you would like to personalise? For example, we all know generic descriptions for PayPal and Amazon purchases could do with a bit more flair. This section covers how to edit a single or multiple transaction and how to delete transactions.
- Will you still have a positive balance at the end of the month? How much do you have left after all your scheduled payments are made and your budgeted spends are set up? Spending Plan quickly shows you how much you have leftover before your next pay day.
- Want to keep an eye on multiple categories at once? You can do that with budgeting. We would also recommend for you to set up a budget for amounts you wish to put aside for your savings