Every 90 days you need to reauthenticate your connected bank accounts to keep getting transactions from your bank. You can see how long you have left for each connected account on the accounts page. If you ever get asked to reauthenticate but still have days left there has been a "mix-up" with your authorisation "token". You can see what to do below.
Relevant to users on:
Money Dashboard Neon
Not sure which App you are on?
If you are unsure if you are on Money Dashboard Classic or Money Dashboard Neon? You can find that information here.
Why does this happen?
The way you get transactions is by using a "token". This token is valid for 90 days and unique to your bank account and provider. We use this token to automatically refresh your account every 4 hours. Sometimes there can be a mix up between the bank and ourselves that causes the token to be incorrectly changed.
Essentially this means that your token becomes invalid (the only reason for this is token expiration). We will ask you to reauthenticate when this happens.
Who causes the error?
The reason this happens is one of 2 points:
- The "refresh token" endpoint hasn't changed and we haven't updated our systems
- The provider is incorrectly re-issuing tokens when they are still valid
- Re-authenticate your account again
- Try to manually refresh your accounts
- If the account tells you to reauthenticate again then please contact support here
- If this constantly happens to your accounts please do let us know about this in the support request