This article is about how you can use the 'Split Transaction' feature on Money Dashboard Neon to handle cash transactions.
Relevant to users on:
Money Dashboard Neon
Not sure which App you are on?
If you are unsure if you are on Money Dashboard Classic or Money Dashboard Neon? You can find that information here
Handling cash by 'Split Transaction' feature
Before we begin the main method for dealing with cash is by using the 'Split Transaction' feature. We will first run through a scenario and it as an example to show you how use the 'Split Transaction' feature to handle cash transactions.
So you decide to take £30 out of the cash machine. You are going to use this money to pay back a friend and for some other smaller payments during the day. Let's say you owe your friend £10.
- You give the friend the cash, then go to the transaction for the cash withdrawal in the Money Dashboard Neon application. Select the transaction and select split transaction. Insert a value of £10 into one part of the split and assign the appropriate category (as an example, it could be 'Going out' in this case).
- This leaves the other £20 with the original category.
- This 'new' transaction will now appear on your transaction list.
Over the next couple of days you spend £6 on lunch with the cash you have left. You also spend £10 on toiletries.
- To deal with this you would go to the transaction for the cash withdrawal (Now with a value of £20).
- Select split transactions and set one with a value to £6 (add the category 'Eating out')
- Then split the transaction again and set one with the value £10 (add the category 'Personal Care')
- This creates 2 more transactions and leaves the original cash withdrawal as a value of £4 which is still in your pocket as cash
How to split transactions?
Please find the following article on step by step instruction on how to split transactions.